Please take note of the following:
- When your student logs in to PowerSchool (to access Class Choice) please disregard any text about entering class requests; your students requests have already been submitted, as you will see in Class Choice.
- Once changes are made in Class Choice, it may not automatically update in your schedule view in PowerSchool. Know that whatever schedule you create in Class Choice is accurate.
- When the Class Choice instructional video was made, core classes had not yet been locked in, so they were able to be dropped (in order to move them). Core classes are now locked in so they can not be dropped from your schedule completely, but are still able to be moved periods (and trimesters). In order to move a core class, hover over it to see available trimesters & periods. You will then need to drop whatever elective class is in the period you want your core class. The core class will then be visible in the drop down menu for the desired period, and once you enter it in that period it will automatically be dropped from the previously assigned period (leaving a hole in your schedule that you'll need to fill).
- Your student may have one or more holes in his/her schedule. This is due to a variety of factors such as: Your student may not have requested enough classes or your student may not have been able to take one of his/her requested classes because the class is full. Your student will need to fill all holes in his/her schedule.
- If a class is full, it is full. You can keep checking up while class choice is open to see if anyone has dropped it, thereby making it available for you to select.
- Once you drop a class, someone else might take it, so make sure you've located the class you want instead & that you are truly willing to drop the class you're dropping.
- Take ownership in your schedule by doing a thorough audit to ensure you received all the core classes you need this year (i.e. BOTH A&B sections of English, Math, Science), and that you are meeting your other graduation requirements.
- If you find that you want to take a college section of a core class, but Class Choice will not let you drop the high school version of the class (because it is locked in), please talk with your counselor within the first 3 days of each TRI & we will see if there are available openings in the college section & can remove you from the high school version of the course.